According to the latest report by ‘billmonitor’, created and run by Oxford University mathematicians, UK Mobile users are wasting £4.9bn a year on the wrong mobile tariff!
At Pink Connect, we have always said that 82% of business mobile customers are on the wrong tariff. Billmonitor says this percentage is 76% for all mobile customers. Since it doesn’t take data and text into consideration this figure could have been higher!
Due to fear of going above the allowance offered in their tariffs (named as “bill shock”), customers typically bought FOUR times more talk time that they actually used.
The report claims that if everyone used the right tariff, the UK could stop wasting £4.9bn a year that is being spent on wrong tariffs. The task of choosing right tariff is difficult as there are over 8m contract permutations available to mobile customers!
You can read full story on this on BBC website by clicking on the following link:
At Pink Connect, we offer FREE mobile bill analysis and advice to select the best suitable tariff for your business. We are committed to bringing down the wasted £4.9bn spent on wrong tariffs!
About the blog author: Raj Deokar, is the director of Pink Connect (Northampton) Ltd. Raj has got over 13 years experience in Telecommunications.
You can reach Raj Deokar on 01604 217271.
Raj Deokar, Pink Connect Northampton, was recently speaking to a friend who had just got a new mobile phone. The proud owner of this new piece of kit told Raj, “it has got all sorts of new features including Bluetooth” and Raj replied, “well that’s really cool, what do you use it for?” to which the answer was, “it enhances my mobile signal but I don’t use it specifically as such!
Being an expert in telecom and mobile, Raj was shocked by his answer! So he thought of putting together some of the many ways one can use Bluetooth:
- One of the obvious uses of Bluetooth is to connect mobile to your Bluetooth headset – flexibility and handsfree talk
- Connect mobile to Bluetooth enabled car handfree systems – handsfree talk, handsfree dialling (if mobile accepts voice dialling)
- Connect PC/Laptop and Mobile – data exchange, synchronize calendar and contacts
- Connect to other mobile device – data exchange, play games against another person’s device
- Connect devices to Bluetooth enabled printers – send data to printers without wire
- Connect devices to Wifi systems, TVs – audio / photo / video transfer (Bluetooth high speed technology) without wires
- Use PC devices such as keyboard, mouse, headsets wirelessly – flexibility without cords
- Connect Bluetooth headset to Landline phone and Mobile phone at same time – flexibility of having just one handset for landline and mobile
- Marketing use – some already use Bluetooth as a marketing tool. E.g. A retail unit transmitting message over Bluetooth about discount offers that can be received by mobile devices of people passing by.
- Some other uses include in camcorders, hi-tech devices and various other industries – there are literally thousands of devices that make use of Bluetooth technology.
More facts about Bluetooth®:
- Bluetooth is a wireless technology (uses r-waves in 2.4 Gigahertz range). It’s secure (as pairing is required), low energy consuming and one of the inexpensive ways of connecting and exchanging information wirelessly between devices. It allows Bluetooth enabled devices to talk to each other over short distances (PAN – Personal Area Network – range up to 33 feet).
- Bluetooth brand and technology is promoted by a non-profit group called Bluetooth SIG (Spec. interest group) so no single company owns the technology.
- The kind of technology that Bluetooth uses dates back to discoveries pioneered by military in 1940s.
- The name ‘Bluetooth’ is from 10th century Danish King – Harold Blatand or Harold Bluetooth who was instrumental in uniting warring functions!
Are you using your Bluetooth enabled devices effectively?
PS. At Pink Connect, we provide range of mobiles with Bluetooth and fully installed hands-free car kits that are great value – all with our friendly customer service!