RAJ DEOKAR – PINK CONNECT
We was in the process of reviewing our company mobile phone package, our existing supplier had submitted renewed costs and we also acquired a number of other options from direct suppliers (Vodafone, o2 etc) Pink Connect had one advantage of visiting and listening to what we personally all wished to have, the quotation was submitted professionally and quickly—the proposal gave us a saving from previous and a better service to suit our needs.
Raj has personally helped set up the phones and has answered any queries we have experienced, I would have no hesitation in recommending Raj to any of my contacts requiring a review of their company mobile phones.
Kind regards, Mark Brown
DATS Print Services Ltd
According to the latest report by ‘billmonitor’, created and run by Oxford University mathematicians, UK Mobile users are wasting £4.9bn a year on the wrong mobile tariff!
At Pink Connect, we have always said that 82% of business mobile customers are on the wrong tariff. Billmonitor says this percentage is 76% for all mobile customers. Since it doesn’t take data and text into consideration this figure could have been higher!
Due to fear of going above the allowance offered in their tariffs (named as “bill shock”), customers typically bought FOUR times more talk time that they actually used.
The report claims that if everyone used the right tariff, the UK could stop wasting £4.9bn a year that is being spent on wrong tariffs. The task of choosing right tariff is difficult as there are over 8m contract permutations available to mobile customers!
You can read full story on this on BBC website by clicking on the following link:
At Pink Connect, we offer FREE mobile bill analysis and advice to select the best suitable tariff for your business. We are committed to bringing down the wasted £4.9bn spent on wrong tariffs!
About the blog author: Raj Deokar, is the director of Pink Connect (Northampton) Ltd. Raj has got over 13 years experience in Telecommunications.
You can reach Raj Deokar on 01604 217271.
Raj Deokar, Pink Connect Northampton, was recently speaking to a friend who had just got a new mobile phone. The proud owner of this new piece of kit told Raj, “it has got all sorts of new features including Bluetooth” and Raj replied, “well that’s really cool, what do you use it for?” to which the answer was, “it enhances my mobile signal but I don’t use it specifically as such!
Being an expert in telecom and mobile, Raj was shocked by his answer! So he thought of putting together some of the many ways one can use Bluetooth:
- One of the obvious uses of Bluetooth is to connect mobile to your Bluetooth headset – flexibility and handsfree talk
- Connect mobile to Bluetooth enabled car handfree systems – handsfree talk, handsfree dialling (if mobile accepts voice dialling)
- Connect PC/Laptop and Mobile – data exchange, synchronize calendar and contacts
- Connect to other mobile device – data exchange, play games against another person’s device
- Connect devices to Bluetooth enabled printers – send data to printers without wire
- Connect devices to Wifi systems, TVs – audio / photo / video transfer (Bluetooth high speed technology) without wires
- Use PC devices such as keyboard, mouse, headsets wirelessly – flexibility without cords
- Connect Bluetooth headset to Landline phone and Mobile phone at same time – flexibility of having just one handset for landline and mobile
- Marketing use – some already use Bluetooth as a marketing tool. E.g. A retail unit transmitting message over Bluetooth about discount offers that can be received by mobile devices of people passing by.
- Some other uses include in camcorders, hi-tech devices and various other industries – there are literally thousands of devices that make use of Bluetooth technology.
More facts about Bluetooth®:
- Bluetooth is a wireless technology (uses r-waves in 2.4 Gigahertz range). It’s secure (as pairing is required), low energy consuming and one of the inexpensive ways of connecting and exchanging information wirelessly between devices. It allows Bluetooth enabled devices to talk to each other over short distances (PAN – Personal Area Network – range up to 33 feet).
- Bluetooth brand and technology is promoted by a non-profit group called Bluetooth SIG (Spec. interest group) so no single company owns the technology.
- The kind of technology that Bluetooth uses dates back to discoveries pioneered by military in 1940s.
- The name ‘Bluetooth’ is from 10th century Danish King – Harold Blatand or Harold Bluetooth who was instrumental in uniting warring functions!
Are you using your Bluetooth enabled devices effectively?
PS. At Pink Connect, we provide range of mobiles with Bluetooth and fully installed hands-free car kits that are great value – all with our friendly customer service!
Peter Weeks of Metaphor Consulting said, “I work from home and my mobile was getting poor reception so I asked Andy Moore of Pink Connect to help. Andy did the research and he recommended a new package better suited to my needs on a different network. Changing networks isn’t a big thing but there are still some hoops you have to jump through. Andy was very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, it all went through easily and my new package is cost-effective. I’d recommend Andy for telephone questions every time.”
Businesses often overlook the value of keeping their telephone lines up and running.
Some will simply be unaware of the options in place to reduce the time in which a fault on the line can be resolved.
Inbound and Outbound calls, Fax, PDQ, Alarm and Broadband are just some of the services telephone lines are used for within a business. Ideally you would like your lines up and running continuously, without any problems at all. However, faults can occur at any point.
That’s where Care Levels come into place. When you log a fault, the network will respond to a fault based on a priority determined by its Care Level. The different care levels are:
Pink Connect Ltd is a family business with a firm commitment to long term customer relationships. Directors Gisela and James Pink established the Cotswold based telecommunications business more than ten years ago but still have almost all their customers from the early days.
James recently commented “Our customers know and trust us to supply reliable business communications and power. They usually call us whenever they have a need for further services or equipment. These requests have resulted in the broad range of business services we now offer. Pretty much anything a business needs, from phone lines and systems, Business Mobile, IT, Networking, Servers, Broadband, EPOS and Commercial Power are now covered in our product range. Customers really appreciate our straightforward, honest approach and love our customer service”.
Pink Connect can be contacted on 0845 450 9393.
R.P.Lovatt Insurance have again chosen their long term Communication suppliers Pink Connect in a deal that includes all lines, calls, mobiles, phone systems, ADSL and IT infrastructure. With this deal, Marc Lovatt has fixed the cost of his partnership’s Communication and IT budget for the next five years. Marc said “Pink Connect have been our chosen suppliers for over eight years now. As we have grown they have expanded our systems ahead of demand ensuring we always have the tools for the job. I am delighted to have secured their comprehensive services at a fixed cost with this innovative agreement. I recommend Pink Connect to any company wanting the best solution for their business communications”.
So the last thing you want to do is plug accessories into them that’ll leave wires trailing everywhere, getting tangled up and generally getting in the way. This is especially true of headphones, which have an uncanny knack of writhing away in your pocket whilst your not using them, so that when you pull them out to listen to some tunes on the train, you’ve first got to spend half an hour teasing them out of the knotted mess they’ve become. Until, that is, the advent of stereo Bluetooth. With a stereo Bluetooth enabled set of wireless headphones, like the new Jabra Halo, you can kiss goodbye to your corded-conundrums and get straight to the stereo quality music. Order yours from Pink Connect today, or take advantage of our August offer and get a free pair with your new business connection.*